Monday, April 8, 2013

Sister Hudson week 6




I have SO much I want to share with you all! Didn't you all LOVE General Conference?! I thought it was incredible and I loved every talk! Also, the music was AMAZING!! My love for the Tabernacle Choir continues to grow and I still would love to be a part of that choir one day. The BYU choir was also incredible! I almost want to say that a couple of their songs were the best ones out of all of General Conference! Their voices blended so well and it was absolutely perfect! They all were spectacular!

This week has been so great for Sister Kurtz and I! We have seen the Gospel of Jesus Christ affect so many different people's lives. First off, I just want to add my testimony to those that were shared in General Conference. There are a lot of different churches here, but I have seen how The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is different from all other churches. Although we may have many of the same beliefs, the priesthood power has been restored to the earth and it was given to Joseph Smith. It has been passed down from him and we still have a living prophet on the Earth right now. I know that is Thomas S. Monson. I have seen what a blessing it is to have the Book of Mormon! I love the Book of Mormon and I am so grateful for it! The Book of Mormon and the Bible testify of each other and they both testify of Jesus Christ! I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world! God is our Heavenly Father. He knows and loves us perfectly. What a blessing it is to know that! 

We have been teaching a part-member for a few weeks now. Err...well, they are not married yet, but they have a child together, Haley. Joseph is a member and Whitney is not. Joseph has a son from a previous marriage, Brenden, but Brenden considers Whitney his mom. Anyway, Whitney wants to be baptized and she has had a testimony of the church for a long time. We have been trying to set a wedding date for them so that she can be baptized. Yesterday, we finally set a date! I am praying so hard that everything will work out. They are so great and they have so much love in their family! I know that when Joseph and Whitney get married their family will be so blessed!! We would love for them to be sealed in the temple and I believe they want that as well. 

We are teaching another part-member family as well. Actually, we are teaching several part-member families/relationships. This one is so great! Bobby and Geraldine have been married for over 50 years, but they have never attended an LDS church together. Bobby stopped attending church when they got married. Anyway, Geraldine is gaining a testimony of her own and she is so excited about the blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She is so sweet and we love her!

Okay, I'm sending some pictures from our zone activity on Monday last week! We went to the Natural Science Center in Greensboro and I took a lot of pictures! Also, I wanted Dad to see some of the landscaping here! I feel like everyone here puts so much effort into their lawn care and there are so many BEAUTIFUL yards! I am in awe of the beautiful homes and lawns all over North Carolina! I haven't been able to take pictures of some of my favorite ones, but I have a few of some pretty ones. I also LOVE the homes here! Some of the homes are over 100 years old!! The people here have mastered the beauty of brickwork, that is for sure! I never liked brick buildings before, but my mind has been changed! Anyway, I need to go, but I love you all!! 

Love, Sister Hudson

No comments:

Post a Comment